So, I'm in the Union, and I'm bored. E-mail has been checked and Facebook obligations are met.
Therefore, I blog.
I'm not entirely sure that the builders of the computer lab here meant for it to be used for blogging, but I don't really feel too bad because the kid next to me is playing some sort of online RPG. It's not World of Warcraft (it's in the wrong perspective) and that's about all I know.
Just came for a really fun Spanish oral exam, where I had to talk about myself for five minutes and meet a certain number of requirements (huh, you can tab over. Cool. Sorry. Random) while stumbling over the Spanish language. Can I say that I'm great at reading and understanding what little Spanish I know, but when it comes to speaking it I fail epically? Heck, my pronunciation is bad when I'm speaking English. It's often commented upon.
Anyway, the exam was kinda anti-climactic and I was done with an hour to kill before my next class (there are advantages to going first). Which brings me back to my first statement.
Ain't life great when it all fits together?
So I'm reading Dracula and it's an awesome book. Much better than the Twilight *ponders over word that will be least offensive to readers* phenomena that won't go away. What makes it really cool is I just got done reading an AWESOME AND DISTURBING book for my Great Works of Literature class called Slave of My Thirst. It too is a vampire novel and one of the main characters is Bram Stoker. And what he observes in Slave of My Thirst becomes Dracula. So it's really cool to draw parallels between the two.
Van Helsing is my hero. He's cool and smart and wordy and Dutch and an enigma and I love him. I love him more and more with every page I read. His English grammar is horrendous and I LOVE it. I love that he has become an archetype in Gothic literature (and even spawned his own movie, which was great and awful and totally didn't reflect the character in Dracula AT ALL but I still loved it because it made me laugh even though I don't think it was supposed to be funny and this is a really long parenthesis but I simply can't be fussed to care) and holy cow it's FANTASTIC!!!
Oh, and the other characters are pretty cool too.
Okay, time to brave the fun northern wind. And I've discovered that hair-in-face=instant nose warmer. Which is nifty.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment