Friday, December 26, 2008

In the Library

I'm all over the place for these posts!
Five more days until I get WiFi...
So it's the day after Christmas and I'm spending some quality time in one of my favorite places on Earth, the library. It's quiet, and there are books. What more could a nerd ask for?
Yesterday was spent with mi madre's side of the family. Which is always an interesting experience. I have six cousins on that side of the family. Three who are ridiculously rambunctious and three who use monosyllables until two hours before everyone leaves. We debated whether the ham had cooked long enough, proceeded to eat said ham (no one died to the best of my knowledge), ate dessert, watched home video of my cousin Pluto singing in his church last weekend, dad got told to "shut up" by my grandma (which cracked me up to no end), I proved my complete lack of business savvy in Disney Monopoly, got a Mardel gift card and at the end of the day wound up with a stomach ache.
Next week we'll be with mi padre's side. When we were together for Thanksgiving one of my uncles climbed a tree. I can't wait to see what happens this time.
I think the family and I may be going to Bricktown tonight. Assuming that it doesn't storm and the wind calms down a little. After three solid weeks of artic blast, we seem to be experiencing a heat wave. Temps in the mid to upper 60s. Only in Oklahoma.

No comments: