Once again, I'm in the basement of the Union, and I'm bored.
So, once again, I blog.
I hate math. I mean I really hate math. Numbers and graphs and formulas have NEVER appealed to me. But I would like to take a moment to declare my undying love for the heads of the math department.
Of all the finals that I have to take next week, the math one is the one that's got me most nervous. By the day before, I will be reduced to a sniveling puddle of nervous goo. And I'm only in college algebra. Fortunately, this is the only math class I have to take. Unfortunately, I may not survive.
Anyway, for the past two or three class periods, I've been having new material about conic sections jammed ruthlessly into my brain. I understand the concepts, but I was terrified because there was not a chance on God's green earth that I would be able to remember all the formulas that come with conic sections.
But I have been saved! For the department heads have taken pity on us poor students who hate math and are providing a formula sheet for conic sections! Yes! I won't get those problems on the final wrong (Maybe...)!!!! I would totally turn a handspring except I'm a bit of a klutz and I don't have a spotter, not to mention I don't know how to turn a handspring because I played soccer for 8 years instead of doing gymnastics and handsprings aren't really something they teach you at soccer practices. So if I attempted said handspring, I would probably break my neck and die. Of course, then I wouldn't have to worry about the math final...
Plus I think acrobatics in the computer lab is kinda frowned upon. All this expensive equipment.
Today at work it was quiet. Which is unusual. I work in InterLibrary Services, and it's rarely ever quiet. There's normally talking and laughing. Today there was some of that, but mostly the only sounds in the office were the sounds of typing and the scanners. It was kinda unnerving. Maybe everyone was just really tired, I know a couple people had to pull overnight shifts... Don't really know.
On the other hand, I managed to scan several articles with a minimum amount of fighting with the scanner and computer, so that's something. And nothing broke when I touched it, so that's another bonus.
I'm really bad with technology. It doesn't like me.
Which makes me sad. : (
Sort of.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment