I'm in a strange mood right now. And strange is the only way I can think to describe it.
Remember when I said in my first post that there would be little if no angst in this thing? But that there may be the occasional freak out? Well, here it goes:
THERE IS NOT A CHANCE ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH THAT I CAN LIVE THROUGH THIS COLLEGE ALGEBRA FINAL. I'M GOING TO FAIL MISERABLY, LOSE MY SCHOLARSHIPS AND END UP BEING A FRICKIN' HOBO ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, LIVING IN A BOX, WANDERING UP AND DOWN THE HIGHWAY AND HOLDING UP A SIGN BEGGING FOR MONEY. IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T WANT TO DO IT. IT'S THAT I CAN'T DO IT. SURE I'VE GOT A BRAIN, BUT RIGHT NOW THE ONLY THING IT SEEMS GOOD FOR IS USELESS TRIVIA AND SONG LYRICS. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ALL I WANT TO DO IS FALL ASLEEP AND NOT WAKE UP UNTIL THURSDAY, WHEN THE STUPID TEST WILL BE OVER.
Okay, I am calmer now. Man there is something infinitely satisfying about pounding a keyboard. And geez I needed to vent. Part two of therapy complete.
Part on of therapy was also satisfying. I was on my own for lunch (Monkey had decided she didn't want to move and Samgirl decided to forgo the whole eating thing) and I desperately needed off campus. So I got in my car and pulled out a mix CD and began what I've decided to call "Head Banger Therapy." Basically I turned up Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" about as far as it would go in my car and bellowed the song as I drove. And when the song ended I listened to it again, still singing and taking out the majority of my pent up frustration on the steering wheel (in rhythm with the song of course). I ate at Braums (that would be part 2 1/2 of therapy, drowning my sorrows in grease and caffeine) and then took the long way home, bellowing Bon Jovi all the way. And it was a heckuv a lot of fun. I'm gonna have to remember Head Banger Therapy, even if it didn't make my headache any better.
I'm trying really hard not to wallow in self-pity here. I know that God is in control, and He's got my back. At the same time, my emotions are wrecking havoc on my normally semi-rational perspective.
Okay, I feel a little bit better now. I think I can go back to studying now.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment