Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Broadcasting Live From Panera...

Greetings all you happy people!
I'm officially on Christmas Break (or for you political correctness freaks: Winter Break).
I just logged on to my school's website to look at my grades and by the grace of God I managed to pull all As except for a B in math. May I say that I am incredibly happy with my grades? Especially since two weeks ago I was convinced I was going to fail out of college?
So getting online was an adventure. My computer is old and not used to wireless. It took three tries to log on and then I had a battery crisis. But it's all been fixed and I am happily sitting in Panera (the name is completely redundant, because "panera" is French for bread. And the full name of this place is Panera Bread. Which makes the title in English: "Bread Bread." Only in America).
Oh, and another exciting announcement: My family is getting WiFi!!!! Yes *does happy white girl dance* We've been on dial up for as long as I can remember and the going is SLOW. Obnoxiously so. Like it takes an hour and a half to just get on the Internet. So very annoying.
Today I went to lunch with Kelly. Who is at any point in time my ally, friend, encourager, big sister, mentor, accountability partner or any combination of the above mentioned. We went to The Spicy Pickle, which is my new favorite sandwich place. We talked about Christmas and family mostly.
And we've also hatched a plan. Next week we're going to go and see Twilight. For the sole purpose of making fun of it. Which means I may have to break down and read the books *pouts like a two-year-old* Bleh! I don't wanna! I've read portions and the literary critic in me about had a conniption. IT'S SO POORLY WRITTEN AND IT TAKES THE VAMPIRE MYTH, CHOPS IT UP INTO LITTLE PIECES, SETS IT ON FIRE AND WHILE THE ASHES ARE STILL SMOLDERING PUTS THEM IN A CHOCK-FULL-O-NUTS CAN AND BURIES IT 10 FEET UNDER. *takes deeps cleansing breath*
Okay, I'm okay now.
VAMPIRES DON'T GLISTEN!
Okay. Now I'm done.
IT'S JUST WRONG!
I promise. No more ranting until I've read the book.
Some of you might think it's not good to pass judgement until I've read the book. That I should keep an open mind about this. Screw that. I am very protective of my archetypes. I'm all for new ideas but Stephanie Myers completely revamped the vampire and werewolf lore. And now hundreds of impressionable young girls believe that vampires glisten.
I won't even go in to the moral aspects of it. Cuz I have problems with that too. But I shall endeavor to control myself. At least until after I've read the book.
Okay, moving on.
I'm watching the first season of M*A*S*H. I got the DVD set a couple years ago, but I've never watched the whole thing all the way through. It is so funny! With serious themes mixed in, but the banter and humor make the whole thing worth watching. And there are several lines I'm going to have to remember.
I'm also improving my Guitar Hero skills. I beat the game on easy and am now working my way through medium. My band's name you might ask? Flying Monkey Jam. Yes, it's weird. But then again, so am I.

No comments: