Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Eye of the Storm

I've decided to change the font style.
We'll see how that one goes. If I don't like it I'll probably switch back. Because that is how I roll.
The week is half over and I have found myself in the proverbial "eye of the storm." A time where I have taken care of everything pressing and can relax.
Relaxation. I'd forgotten what that felt like.
I know that soon the eye will pass and I'll once again be facing gale force winds and blinding rain. So I'm going to enjoy this while I can.
This evening I ate dinner early, sent off an e-mail to a contact to arrange an interview for my next story (even though I didn't go to the writer's meeting last night, I still wound up with a story. How does that work?) and read two chapters in my speech book. Amazingly, that's all that needed to be taken care off.
Oh, before I forget, I managed to break 100 pages in my quest to commit intellectual suicide. I am on page 101. Yes! Never mind that the book has 498 pages and each one is vomit inducing. I will take what I can get.
So last night I spent three hours working on a computer proficiency paper about the use of computers in medicine. It had to be three to four pages, single spaced. Nice. Fortunately, these computer proficiency projects all feed into each other, so I already had all the research from the first project and I just had to write the stupid thing. The hardest part was formatting it. I'm really bad with technology and relatively new to the 2007 version of Microsoft Word. But my teacher was specific in what he wanted the paper to look like, and I did it.
My earbuds are broken. Actually just one of them is broken, but it still makes me sad. I need to go to the student store tomorrow and buy another pair. I need to pick up another folder for all my newspaper information anyway (I finally got organized and started keeping all the crap I use to write articles paper-clipped together by story and in portfolio type things). The first one is getting full. I collect a lot of information for my stories, and not every one of them gets published.
I still don't think I've seen any money from my time on the paper. Is that bad? I'm on the payroll.
What's really funny is I don't particularly care enough to go and check. I have a steady job at the library that pays more than enough to cover my expenses and I don't write for the paper to get paid anyway.

1 comment:

Orange Chic said...

You SHOULD check on your money! You're a very talented writer, and you deserve to be payed for it. Plus it's not rude at all for asking for your money, it's owed to you!