So, we've had our first major storm system of the year. Complete with torrential rain, thunder, lightening and hail. Oh, and a tornado warning.
Did I mention it's February?
Oklahoma weather is weird by nature, but this is strange even for us. Normally tornadoes hold off until March, though April and May are more of the prime tornado time. I think the unseasonable weather has something to do with the warm streak we've been dealing with for the past few days.
The line of storms was an impressive one, and by three this afternoon the sky had become black and the wind had died down (here that's almost NEVER a good sign). By four it had started to rain and the the sirens went off.
Fortunately I was at work, so I had an automatic safe place. We were all herded into the basement, where we sat in the center of the room. I leafed through an issue of Woman's Day my co-worker Lori was carrying, Katie and Tiffany tried to get cell phone reception (which is shoddy as a rule, though there are hot spots up and down the 640s through 680s) and Michelle read a book about cats that happened to be in French. Which is weird because Michelle doesn't speak French.
The all clear sounded about an hour later, and I had roughly 15 minutes to kill before my shift ended and 30 before my Spanish test.
Walking to my test in the rain was interesting. I had dressed up (if khaki pants and a nicer top constitutes dressing up) for my speech earlier and was therefore in completely inappropriate footwear. They were brown ballet flats, which isn't the worst shoe I could have worn by any stretch of the imagination, but still it wasn't practical. I had to wade through several inches of water, and nearly twisted my ankles at several points.
Though compared to what went down back in Edmond, we didn't get anything. My parents and Homeslice were under lock down at their respective schools for two hours and kids were still being loaded onto buses at 5. Apparently the tornadoes passed dangerously close to both mom and dad. Mom could see damage from across the street. It appears that God wasn't done with anyone in those schools though, because they weren't touched. A fact that I am extremely grateful for.
I didn't get home until nearly 8 tonight. I know that my friends are starting to become concerned with my routine. I go non-stop all day everyday and am involved in several activities. These past two weeks have been especially bad, and I'm tired all the time. I've been tired all the time since my junior year in high school, I guess it's just becoming more pronounced.
To be honest, my body has been trained to constantly be on the move. It doesn't know any other way and may very well go crazy if it slows down. And contrary to popular belief, I do take time to breathe. For example, I'm blogging right now aren't I? I need to shower and hit the sack, but right now I'm taking a moment to just chill.
And I may be crazy busy, but I'm having fun while I do it. I may look tired all the time, but that's just the way my face is arranged.
Have I bitten off more than I can chew this semester? Probably. Honestly at this point it's not affecting my health in a negative way and I go to bed at the end of each day content with what I've accomplished (for the most part).
"It's just one of those days, when everything's right.
God is in His heaven and I'm walking in the light.
So hallelujah anyway.
It's just one of those days, you look at the sky,
Throw your hands up and you laugh at life.
So hallelujah, LORD be praised.
It's just one of those days"
~33 Miles
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Starting to be concerned? I started to get concerned last semester. Now I'm just waiting for you to keel over and die.
Your new pic amuses me. According to my comp teacher, Chip and Dale were gay. Most of the class argues that they're brothers. But then so are Sam and Dean...
Post a Comment