Saturday, February 7, 2009

Contemplation

It's weird.
I'm contemplating, but I'm not sure exactly what I'm contemplating.
There are days that I get like this. When I feel completely detached from everyone around me. My body goes on autopilot and my mind wanders.
It's not even 9 p.m. yet and I'm bored.
Oh there are things I could do... but none of them sound appealing.
I've got socks and underwear in the washing machine... need to go and put those in the dryer.
My dorm is quiet. Freakishly so. Normally there's someone in the lounge, but tonight everything is pretty much silent. Occasionally I'll pick up on the sound of the microwave, but that's it.
I have the sudden, overwhelming desire to be with people.
To talk to someone other than myself. Talk about nonsensical things that make no sense when you look back on them, you only now that it was an awesome conversation.
Was that last statement too angsty?
That's a funny word: angst. We use it all the time. But does anyone really know what it means?
Webster's dictionary defines the word angst as a feeling of anxiety, apprehension or insecurity.
Huh. I don't think that's the meaning today's world has given it.
Today, people define angst as "Woe is me. My life sucks. My soul is stained with the depravity of mankind and nothing can remove the stains. My tragic life astounds me and I wonder if I shall ever know what is means to be happy."
If that is your lifestyle, I'm not mocking you. I wonder how you don't choke on your own depression, but I wouldn't mock you. At least, not on purpose.I was merely providing an example of what angst is. It's generally associated with teenagers. Because let's face it, we've all done that at some point or another.
Did I really just analyze the use of the word angst? *scrolls up and reads what she just typed*
Huh. I did. Wow.
And now I'm completely apathetic. I think my brain is being controlled by aliens again. Are aliens apathetic? Because most often they're portrayed as after world domination. Unless you're watching Men in Black. Then the aliens are merely trying to coexist peacefully without making us aware. Except for those out to destroy the planet.
Of all the planets in the universe, why on earth would other intelligent beings want to dominate earth? I mean Mars is just as nice as earth, with the added benefit of not having to deal with a panicked humanity. Cuz people aren't always the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree.*ponders the out of season reference and then determines not to care* Especially when they feel frightened or threatened.
Okay. I'm going to stop typing now before I majorly offend somebody or something.
Yeah.
Word.
Man, I'm articulate.

No comments: