Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bored on the Internet = Uh oh

I am not allowed to get bored with access to Google ever again.
I blame my speech class. One of the guys who presented on Thursday gave us a rundown of his partner's Zodiac and Astrological signs. That's all well and good. But it also put the bug in my head and I have found myself with some free time.
So I did some research on my own two signs. I am an Aries who was born in the year of the Horse.
That means virtually nothing to me, but I did find an interesting list of characteristics. Some of which do describe me (and a portion of the rest of the population) and others that really don't.
Okay, as an Aries I am a fire sign, symbolized by the ram and "ruled by the planet Mars" (what the heck does that mean? I'm ruled by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ thank you very much, He's the one with control in my life, not some hunk of dead rock that's precariously balanced in space). Apparently we are leaders who prefer initiating over completing (I hate leaving things unfinished), are bundles of energy and who trek fearlessly into the unknown ( I may trek into the unknown, but I'm gonna have some fear about it). We are impulsive and blunt (I'll give you the blunt thing) as well as bold, aggressive and courageous (um, not three words I would use to describe myself). We have great inner-strength, vitality, independent and aware of our interests. We are also freakishly egotistical (I try really, really hard not to be, I'm fully aware that I suck at a lot of things) and generally always have the last word.
Uh-huh. Interesting.
As a Horse, I am a nomad (that's a fun word), who's energetic, good with money (if being an utter cheapskate counts), fond of travel (point) and incessant activity (it's not my fault I can't sit still). Horses have sharp wits and a "scintillating presence" (is that a good thing or a bad thing?). But we tend to feel inferior to our peers (wow, that one they nailed right on the head, at least in my case) and are extremely impatient (I'm WORKING on it!). We don't tend to look at the big picture (missed that one, I'm always looking at the grand scheme of things) and know how to motivate others (yeah right).
Huh. I don't feel like I know myself any better after all that. I admit, I was curious and I found my discoveries to be interesting, but I don't think I'm going to put a whole lot of stock in it. These kinds of things are fun to read over and laugh at, but you can't take them too seriously. If you do then you become obsessed, which is never a good thing.
Besides, no one personality test can tell you all you need to know about yourself and get more than one test together and you tend to get contradictions. They may be right about some things, but completely wrong in others.
Am I over-analyzing myself again?
*Sigh*
I was afraid of that
*Headdesk*

No comments: