Today has been interesting. I went kinda far out of my comfort zone and found that I enjoyed it.
It all started at 10:30 a.m. when my friend Mary picked me up. Our mission, should we choose to accept it, was to find some cute summer pieces. We hit TJ Maxx(Does it have one x or two?), Forever 21 and Ross. In 6 hours. I spent 6 hours shopping and about half that time trying things on. That may not seem like such a big deal, I am of the female persuasion after all. However, for years I hated shopping with a passion. I would wear things until holes formed and even then it was a stretch to get me to look at things.
But today I dug through racks of clothes and came away with a pile of stuff to try on. All of it can be considered trendy or fashionable in some circle or another. Mary's drill sergeant attitude helped keep me going in hours three and four. Here's a sample of a conversation:
Mary: Okay. Try on this shirt with the yellow tank top and the jeans. Now.
Me: Yes ma'am.
Okay, maybe the ma'am was a little much, but it's kinda my response to orders. And honestly, there are times when I need a kick in the butt to keep me going.
What surprised me about this whole thing was how much I enjoyed it. Sure I was tired by the end of the expedition, but it was fun. It helped that the dressing rooms weren't quite as nightmare-ish as some others I've been in.
In other news I've discovered a TV show called Dark Angel. Actually I've known about for quite some time. It only lasted two season, and stars Jessica Alba before she became a movie star and mom (at least, I think she's a mom. A bunch of celebrities had babies last year and I have trouble keeping them all straight). I'm not too keen on Alba as an actress (though the role she's playing is most certainly an interesting one. The role of Max is an anti-hero, a twist on the classic archetype that has gained popularity over the past couple of years, but back when this show first came out in the early 2000s it was kinda a new thing), but the show also features Michael Weatherly, who plays Tony DiNozzo on NCIS, as Logan. Which makes the show worth watching. I also like Max's eclectic group of friends and co-workers. And maybe Alba's acting will grow on me. It could be an acquired taste. Like asparagus.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment