Saturday, May 16, 2009

School's Out

I'm done with my first year of college.
I have 47 hours.
My grades are solid. More than I could have hoped for. I actually pulled an A in my Econ class. If you had told me I would have done that at the beginning of the semester, I would have laughed really hard.
I've been home for about a week, and I don't start work until the 25th. So that means I still have a week of absolute freedom.
My body really doesn't know what to do with this new found relaxation. I've started running in the mornings or evenings (depending on what I've got going on that day), my Dr. Pepper consumption is moderated, I'm drinking water and I'm getting around 8 hours of sleep a night.
I think it's in shock. Cuz yesterday morning I went downstairs to ask my parents if they could take a look at my right eye (it hurt to blink, which is nothing if not unusual). I was discussing stye medicine with my mom when my vision started to go dark around the edges. I knew I needed to lie down, so I made it into my parents room, hoping to collapse on the bed. Let's just say I missed. I don't remember falling, but if the rug burn on my left knee is any indication, I hit the ground fairly hard.
Needless to say, I spent yesterday taking it fairly easy. I ran a couple errands, but mostly laid low. It seemed to be the safest course of action.
I'm fine, it seems to be an isolated incident. Dad the unlicensed MD has hypothesized that my body is basically coming off a three and a half adrenaline high and the sudden lack of stressful activity has caused the mind to go "OMGWTFCDC" (don't ask. just don't) and sent the body into conniption.
I've really got to take it easy next semester.

No comments: