The speech final was all right. I feel like it went better than the midterm (for the record, the midterm wasn't my fault. I got a three day headache that culminated into a migraine the day of the test, studying wasn't exactly on my priority list. Standing up at more than a 45 degree angle was), but as with all the tests I take, there were several questions that made me stop and scratch my head. I think I was able to logic my way through them (shut up, logic can totally be used as a verb), but you never know.
The econ test was easy. The fact that I think it was easy scares the fire out of me. There were three questions spread throughout that caused me to think something along the lines of "you want me to do what now? How is that something we learned?" and one section that involved answering questions from a graph. The graph told us nothing about the questions asked. I'm hoping I garnered some extra credit to make up for the ones I had to guess on. At least it wasn't comprehensive. I would have cried.
I'm done with the O'Colly! Yes! At this point I can't even manage to be excited about it. I'm just relieved. The O'Colly is a great experience, but it drives me crazy. Of course the fact that I'm psychotic isn't helping any. If the O'Colly was my only activity, it would have been fine.
As it stands however, my semester can be defined like this:
- 12 hours a week in ILS
- 14 hours a week in class
- 8 to 10 hours a week working on the O'Colly (depending on how many stories I took, how easy getting in contact with people was, the length of interviews, how much of the interviews had to be transcribed, attending the meetings and writing stories. Journalism is like 90% legwork. A very small amount of time is actually spent writing. I have amassed an impressive collection of business cards. I should get them framed)
- roughly 2 weekends a month (approximately 9 hours per weekend) spent filing at the photography studio
- 8 hours a week at church and the BCM (including services, Bible studies and general hanging out, which in the Baptist community equals eating)
I definitely enjoyed myself this semester, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm ready to keel over. I've even lost the ability to stress out. It's gone. I may never get it back (which might not be a bad thing now that I think about it).
Why is this thing now double spacing paragraphs? I don't understand!!!
I'm looking forward to summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment