Saturday, January 24, 2009

Musings and Ponderings Part 1

First off, I would like everyone to note that I have changed the color of font.
Second, I am going to warn you that "musings and ponderings" is code for "KenderGirl rambles like an idiot."
There. I'm met any legal obligations. You have been warned. If someone goes insane, it's not my fault.
It's Saturday. I'm in Stillwater for the weekend. I only go home every couple of weeks now, and then it's only overnight. Cuz I don't like to get off a week at church (I attend the Stillwater campus of my home church and the services are off a week. Except now I think we're off two weeks. And it's weird).
There are strange sounds coming from outside my dorm room. I would go and investigate, except I'm in my pajamas and common sense dictates that when you hear maniacal *admits to the slight exaggeration* male laughter, the best thing to do is to stay inside the dorm room. Plus I'm lazy.
I tried to donate blood yesterday. It didn't work. Not because I was turned down for health reasons. No, it literally didn't work. As soon as they stuck the gigantic needle in my arm I started to bruise. So they removed said needle, wrapped my arm with gauze and taped an ice pack to it. Now my arm hurts. Not nearly as bad as yesterday (now the pain is akin to when I got my meningitis shots, only without the band-aid tan lines, which won't go away by the way), when it hurt to move in general, but bad enough that it's slightly obnoxious. But as long as I don't put any weight on it I'm good.
I have a new article for the paper. It's about the RIAA and how they've changed their policy on punishing those who download illegally. The only problem is I have to contact the RIAA. I'm not very good at getting a hold of people. Especially when said people are in Washington D.C. and I'm well... not. And all I have is a phone number which will no doubt lead to an answering service and I'll probably end up on hold for an hour.
At least my project for computer proficiency is done. If all I have to do is focus on this article I should be okay. I know that's not how it's gonna work, but hey, I can dream right?

No comments: