Friday, January 16, 2009

Holy Crap! High Speed Internet! At Home!

We have high speed Internet! The computer is moving the fastest I've every seen it. I'm doing the cabbage path on the inside. I'd do it on the outside, but I feel like crap and all my happy white girl crazy dancing is limited.
The first week of school is over. And I'm completely relieved. Going non-stop from 9:30 to 5 every single day and then spending at least 30 minutes on the computer in the library is really starting to wear thin. And it looks like I'm going to be laptop less for at least another week. Darn it all. The good news is, I get a memory upgrade out of the deal. The bad... I'm still limited to the campus computers.
But in all honesty, I have absolutely no reason to complain. If a busted laptop is the only thing wrong in my life, then I should be turning cartwheels. My family and friends are healthy and relatively happy, I don't have to deal with math this semester... God is good. I should be Pollyanna.
Except that Pollyanna always gave me the creeps. No one is naturally THAT HAPPY all the time. Unless they're a robot... *grabs pen and furiously scibbles new conspiracy theory*
Cynical? Me? Noooooo.
I've also discovered that I have no head for economics. Trying to read my textbook is like figuring out how to read the instructions to program a VCR. Or a DVD remote. GDPs and opportunity cost and marginal benefits may make sense to some people, but I'm better at analyzing author's writing styles and memorizing song lyrics.
On the plus side, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my speech teacher. She's enthusiastic about what she teaches and funny and I'm pretty sure she's a Christian, which is encouraging on so many levels. Plus this'll be my chance to put myself into what I write. I can have fun and put humor into the speeches I give. Public speaking isn't my favorite thing, but it really doesn't make me nervous. Playing any musical instrument (voice included) on the other hand... I feel nauseous just thinking about it.
My little brother is singing "Staying Alive" and hitting all the notes on pitch. I'm scared. He's been through puberty. No man should ever be able to sing that high... Oh good, he's taken it down an octave. But it still freaks me out a little.

No comments: