Monday, January 19, 2009

Back In Black

Don't you just love a good AC/DC *giggles for reasons only a few people understand* reference?
And this one actually sort of makes sense because not only is by laptop black, but it's back! And that rhymed. Which makes me ridiculously happy.
Seriously, I'm very excited. Even though someone seems to be practicing a bass drum on the floor below. Either that or something is about to blow up. If that's the case, its' been nice talking to you.
Anyway, my computer was infected by "mobware" which means that a (probably fraudulent) anti-virus software company wanted to sell me their program and tried to do so by infecting my computer with 30 someodd viruses and spywares and crap and then said "Hey, we found all this on your computer, buy our product and we'll fix it for you." Jerks.
You know that when the mob hits the Internet, you should just give up material possessions, move to a commune or something in Tibet and convert the Dali Lama. Or is that just me? Just me? Yeah I kinda figured.
I have an article to write before Thursday and I kinda don't want to. Which really, is just me being a lazy bum. And a procrastinator. Go figure.
Is it bad that I really don't want to go to class tomorrow? Or is that a typical college student thing? At least I only have four days this week, which is always a bonus. I would suggest that the school week go from Tuesday to Friday, but then Tuesdays would start to feel like Mondays, which would defeat the purpose of the move in the first place.
Yes. I do tend to over think things.
My little brother called me illiterate today. Which is really ironic because a) he didn't know what the word meant b) I was trying to set my drink down on the table and it kept getting caught in his hamburger wrapper at Whataburger, so the context of the word doesn't work either and c) I read a ton. Anything I can get my hands on. Books, magazines, fanfiction, textbooks, if it's got words I'll give reading it a try. Unless it's a romance novel. Then I won't even try. Anyway, it's one of the funniest things he's ever called me (and I'm pretty sure that he calls me "loser" more than my actual name, which is also completely true. I am a loser. At least the nickname fits).
It sounds like the bass drummer below me has gotten a band together. I hear singing and bass guitar and what sound like tenors. The drums, not the saxophone for those of you not in the band-know.
Sleeping tonight is going to be an absolute blast.

No comments: