It's Sunday.
I have to go to class tomorrow.
Crap.
I don't wanna.
I need a Dr. Pepper.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is the closest I get to writing poetry. Of any kind. I think I'll just stick to prose.
I'm meeting with my editor at 5:30 to discuss this story I have to write, but until them I have nothing better to do, so I figure I will blog.
I love the fact that "blog" has become a verb. Kinda like "google." It makes me giggle like a school girl.
Next year I'm moving out of my current dorm room and into Stout. There are many reasons for this change, which I would like to share with you now. Yes. I know you're thrilled. But this is what happens when the KenderGirl gets bored.
1) (The main reason, everything else is just icing on the cake) I have friends over in Stout. Two in particular who I spend more time with than anyone else on campus. Heck, I spend more time with Monkey and Samgirl than I do with my family back home. Not that I mind.
2) Being on the fourth floor means I automatically get my own room.
3) Being on the fourth floor also mean that there won't be anyone above me playing "Freeze Tag" at one o'clock in the morning.
4) The rooms are way bigger than my current situation. Here you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a wall or furniture. Not that I swing many dead cats. That would be mean and I really don't want to get burned in effigy by the school's PETA chapter.
5) I won't have to pay for my own toilet paper.
6) I won't have to clean the bathroom.
7) There's a piano on the first floor.
8) I'll be able to write on my door.
9) The BCM is right down the street. No more walking back to my dorm at night after Impact.
10) There's a restaurant downstairs.
I'm sure there are other reasons, but those are the main ones.
Should I be concerned that I haven't heard from my suite mate in well over a week? Rumor has it that she's moving out, but if that's the case then she's abandoned all her stuff.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those kids you were talking about sound pretty awesome...I wish I had friends like that. Just kidding, just kidding!
If your roommate left her Macbook, I call dibs! Seriously.
Number 1 is a good reason. I'm with Orangechic here.
Freeze tag...is that what the kids are calling it now?
I call dibs on anything of value that isn't her macbook.
Post a Comment