Friday, March 6, 2009

Wii Would Like to Play

Warning: This will be filled with "wii" puns.
Secondly, I take no credit for the title. That's the tagline for the "Wii" game system.
I just returned from a Wii tournament at my church. One of the things I love about being part of such a small church is wii can get together and do things like this.
There were four teams and four game stations. The teams were as follows: All-Stars, Wii Will Rock You, Cool-Whips and Danger. I was on Team B or "Wii Will Rock You." No one told us wii had to pick a team name that started with our letter, so wii went the creative route.
The games wii played were: bowling, ski jump, soccer and golf. I was reminded that I have no sense of coordination. The soccer and ski jump were done on a WiiFit, which seemed to enjoy calling me "unbalanced." I'm not sure but I think it was insulting my inability to stand still. It's not my fault I have undiagnosed A.D.D.
"Wii Will Rock You" took second. I think it's cuz of the pun. Well that and everyone kicked butt at something (even I managed to score well on bowling). What's really cool is none of us were experts on any of the games. In fact on some of them, the people who scored best were the ones who had never done it before.
All in all, it was a total blast. I'm wired on sugar and caffeine and may or may not actually sleep tonight. I have to be to work at 9 (not my job at the library, the filing job. I have three if you include the O'Colly and sometimes it's hard keeping them all straight). And I want to make a doughnut run.

No comments: