Hello all.
So in less than 13 hours, I will be on the road to Wichita at the oh-so-glorious hour of 3:30 AM. Where I will fly to Minneapolis and then from there to Boston, Mass.
Have I mentioned that I'm terrified of heights?
Beyond any and all reason?
As the time grows closer, it gets harder to not think about.
So I have instigated Operation: Exhaust the KenderGirl so she will not only sleep tonight but also won't dwell on the whole flying thing.
My first stage in this extremely long named plan was to clean my dorm room and bathroom. I attacked it with all the fervor of Danny Tanner from Full House. In fact, I may have been channeling him. I had KLove blaring on my computer and I cleaned everything. I even dusted the toilet *wonders if she should admit to that* and organized my closet (my actual closet, not the semi-cutesy nickname I have for my dorm room). Incidentally, did you know that standing on a swivel chair is a bad idea?
Who says you can't teach a kender?
Answer: Anyone who has ever tried.
Anyway, after the cleaning marathon ended I decided to go for a run. I haven't done that willingly in... actually I've never gone running of my own free will. I've thought about it, but never done it. I mean I've had to run for colorguard and soccer, but that was required and doesn't count.
So I changed my clothes, did some stretching and was off.
I probably only ran between 1/4 and 1/2 mile, but I'd forgotten that it's harder to run in the cold than it is in the heat. And I'm out of shape. It was still fun. I may make a habit of it.
So now my chest hurts, which I kinda had a feeling was coming and my legs are going to be nice and sore tomorrow. Yay! Something to look forward to!
My parents will be up here in a couple hours to help me pack and to see me before I leave.
I'm really looking forward to this trip. I believe that God is gonna move in some awesome ways, even if they're not immediate. And it will be that thought that gets me through the plane rides. God is gonna use the 20 some odd members of the BCM and local community college up here to impact someone in Boston. I've found that if you go in to something expecting to see God move, it's easier to see when He does.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment