Sunday, June 28, 2009

So all cylinders aren't firing at once, what's your point?

I've changed my font and color again. Didn't like the red.
So I got board this afternoon, and started thinking about songs/singing/kareoking. And no, I'm not sure if that last one is a verb.
And I came to a very important conclusion.
There are certain songs that, no matter the circumstances you find them playing in, cannot simply be sung. No, you must take it a step beyond that and belt them at the top of your lungs. With no regard to things like rythem or tone quality.
Here is a list of such songs. There are many, but these are the ones that come to mind.
~ "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
~ "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
~ "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
~"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
~"I Want It That Way" by The Backstreet Boys
~"Ebay" by Weird Al
~"Back In Black" by AC/DC
~"Bye, Bye, Bye" by N'Sync
~"Sunrise, Sunset" from "Fiddler on the Roof"
~"Girls of Rock N' Roll" from "The Chipmunk Adventure"
~"Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis Presley
~"Like a Surgeon" by Weird Al
~"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
~"We Will Rock You/We are the Champions" by Queen
~"Memory" from Cats
~Anything from "High School Musical" or it's sequals
~That song from Grease where Danny sits alone and pathetic in the drive-in
I have weird taste in music.
Not that that surprises anyone.
I blame it on the lack of sleep this weekend. I was at a church event up in Stilly for our kids/youth called Escape Weekend. It was totally awesome. The only downside was no one got a whole lot of sleep. By the time it ended yesterday evening kids and leaders alike were pretty much dead.
I spent the night in Stillwater, because it made no sense to drive down to Edmond to only drive back up the next morning. I stayed with my friends Courtney and Denton. We ate ice cream and watched "Arrested Development." Which is a hysterical show. Lots of sarcasm and dry humor. It makes me sad it only lasted 3 seasons.
Incidently, I will never look at the song "Final Countdown" the same way again.
And I keeping having this recurring dream where I lose my schedule on the first day of classes.
Should I be worried?

No comments: